Monday, November 12, 2007

Hey all,

Still just chuggin' away at the whole Angampora thing. Yesterday I met a Sri Lankan student in the Botanical Gardens (someone I'd met in the beginning, but have been too busy to get together with before now). The Gardens are simply amazing. I need to go back with a camera. With a little less than a month left, I've got mixed feelings about leaving. On one hand, I've got a lot left that I want to do. Travel, talking with people, shopping, etc. On the other hand, it's almost like I have too much free time on my hands now, and I need to learn how to structure that better.

Other random news: Visited a cancer ward with my family and brought snacks, saw a water monitor (lizard), still need to do some shopping.

More as it develops!

4 comments:

SK said...

what I was going to say as you went through the tunnel and we got disconnected was that I realized in China that the reason I had so much free time was that I had no computer around to occupy me. So think of it as something exciting! If you can occupy yourself in Sri Lanka with less technology, life is way more fun for like 3 months after you get back... and then you fall back into routine. But it's cool while it lasts. :)

anablog said...

yes, camera-->pictures. pencil-->drawing.

Where are you staying now?

happy happy free time

Blirb said...

Yes! Dive into that culture while you have the chance, write about it, take pictures, BUY STUFF to send back now, time is fleeting and you are doing the journey of lifetime implications. See you soon! Happy Thanksgiving Nik!

Nik said...

Thanks for your comments! I'm staying with the same family in Kandy for most of the week, and I just spent my first weekend with family in Alawwa, which is nearer to the site of my Saturday morning classes. Now I'm back in Kandy for the next week. Who knows where I'll go next? I'm beginning to realize that researching Angampora could take me anywhere