Sunday, October 7, 2007



I know a few of you have been wanting pictures. Tech is really slow here so I've been reluctant to try to load big files, but today it's behaving so...here's a couple. I've got over 300, and it seems ridiculous to choose two. I chose these two pretty much at random though, from my northern tour. The top one is the biggest Stupa in Sri Lanka. The second is the view from the 3rd hotel we stayed at, in Polunaruwa. It was the second nicest hotel we stayed at, but I didn't get any pictures of the other one. No...I'm not a tourist here. I'm a student! Riiiiiiiight.

8 comments:

anablog said...

nice! Is that Sophie's monkey in the 1st photo?

Nik said...

Yes, that one's for Sophie. Don't tell her though. I want it to be a surprise. I'll just open my bag, throw it to her, and shout "Think Fast!" Surprise! She'll get a monkey to the face. I whispered that whole thing to Annie just now, so Sophie, you didn't hear it.

Nik said...

Hey, the "intarwebs" are malfunctioning, and I can't log on and post to the journal. I'll get back to the postage when I can!

SK said...

Wow, Monkey! I wish I could have a monkey like that. Maybe you should surprise me with it! Wait, wait... do you think we could play catch with it? : )

Nik said...

: )

Blirb said...

It will be a tiny, tiny monkey, that you can get through customs...it LOOKS very tiny in the picture. Sophie will love putting dread extensions on her tail, too. Good thing we are all whispering, so as not to spoil the surprise for Sophie, eh?

Nik said...

Oh yes. The monkey is quite portable. About one fifth the size of that minie stupa you see in the background. I'm sure Sophie will love it.

Blirb said...

I noticed there are very tiny people by the mini stupa and very tiny tiny monkey you are bringing back for Sophie. Are all the people that little in Sri Lanka? You must feel like a giant there, eh?